South Texas Comic Con Fan Weekend Policies
1. Pictures and video taken by South Texas Comic Con Fan Weekend official photographers and videographers during the event are the property of South Texas Conventions LLC and may be used by South Texas Conventions LLC for advertising and promotion of future events.
2.When photographing attendees, vendors or anyone else in attendance at the event please ask permission first.
3. Do not obstruct walkways, entrances or exits when photographing.
General Cosplay and Conduct Policies
1. South Texas Comic Con Fan Weekend is a family friendly event. Costumes deemed lewd, obscene or offensive by South Texas Comic Con Fan Weekend or McAllen Convention Center staff will not be permitted into the event.
2. Please be considerate of other attendees and be aware of your surroundings. Disruptive or inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated.
3. Bags and backpacks are allowed, but are subject to a bag check at the discretion of McAllen Convention Center staff.
4. Some form of footwear is required, bare feet will not be permitted while on the convention floor for your safety.
Prop Weapons Rules
1. Functional weapons of any kind are not permitted.
2. Simulated weapons must be non-firing and have a brightly colored cap.
3. Approved materials for prop weapons are: foam, rubber, cardboard, plastic, and papier-mâché.
4. Metal weapons are not permitted. This includes metal swords, blades, bats, knives, saws, scissors etc.
5. Smoke, pyrotechnics and projectiles are not allowed.
6. Any weapons purchased at South Texas Comic Con Fan Weekend such as pocket knives, swords, replica weapons etc. that would otherwise be prohibited by the weapons policy must remain secure in the original packaging while on McAllen Convention Center property.
7. All prop weapons at the convention are subject to the approval of South Texas Comic Con Fan Weekend and McAllen Convention Center staff.
8. Violation of these rules will result in ejection from the convention.
Anti Harassment Policy
South Texas Comic Con is committed to maintaining a fun and respectful environment for all attendees.
South Texas Comic Con strictly prohibits harassment and/or discrimination against anyone in attendance at South Texas Comic Con. Incidents will be met with appropriate action.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation), sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Attendees asked to stop inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately. If an attendee engages in harassing behavior South Texas Comic Con staff may take any action deemed necessary, including warning the offender, expulsion from the expo without refund, or contacting the appropriate authorities.
What should you do if you or someone you know is being harassed or made to feel uncomfortable by anyone while in attendance at South Texas Comic Con?
Please report the incident as soon as possible to the nearest South Texas Comic Con Staff member, volunteer or security, or McAllen Convention Center staff or security. All expo and venue staff will be in clearly marked shirts or uniforms. A volunteer can always be found in the information booth near the entrance of the exhibit hall.
Please do not hesitate to report an incident to event staff. We want to ensure that all of our attendees feel safe and comfortable while attending the event and we cannot offer our assistance if an incident is not reported to us. The sooner you can report the incident the better, so we can gather information and act quickly.