Thank you for your interest in joining the South Texas Comic Con Crew!
What does the South Texas Comic Con Crew do?
The South Texas Comic Con Crew is made up of volunteers who come together to work closely as a team to support STXCC Staff and help us provide a fun and memorable experience for our attendees. Duties range from keeping a watchful eye on Autograph Area lines to greeting attendees with a smile as they coming through the door to enjoy South Texas Comic Con.
South Texas Comic Con Volunteer Opportunities
Scan in tickets for attendees and distributes admission wristbands.
Cosplay Prop Check Crew
Provide prop and costume checks to ensure that all props and costumes are in compliance with our Prop Weapons Policy and General Cosplay and Conduct Rules.
Information/Merch Booth Crew
Answer general inquiries, sign up cosplay contest participants, sell STXCC merch, relay messages to STXCC Staff.
Entrance Control Crew
Monitor entrances to ensure attendees have appropriate access credentials, greet attendees.
Crowd Control Crew
Manage lines and crowds to ensure the safety of all attendees, help attendees navigate through lines and to locations.
Disability Services Crew
Facilitate appropriate accommodations and accessibility for guests with disabilities. ASL interpreters needed.
Volunteer Crew Qualifications
- Must be 18 or older
- Accountable, responsible and honest
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Must be able to attend the pre-show meeting TBA in McAllen
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret event schedules and event policies
- Clearly present information and respond to questions
- Ability to promptly respond to emails, phone calls or texts from STXCC Staff
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to provide friendly and helpful customer service to all attendees
- Experience working in similar events is helpful but not required
Volunteer Work Environment
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Will be volunteering in an indoor, air conditioned environment
- Atmosphere is fun, high energy, and fast paced. May be intense or hectic at times.
- May involve being surrounded by large crowds of people.
- Complimentary lunch will be provided by STXCC Staff.
- Lunch breaks range from 10 – 30 minutes depending on a variety of factors such as the position you are working, event scheduling, etc.
- Volunteer Crew will be relieved periodically for breaks throughout the day
Volunteer Crew Benefits
- Volunteer Crew T-shirt
- Volunteer Crew Badge & Lanyard
- South Texas Comic Con Exclusive Print
- STXCC SWAG Bag
- Invitation to our post event Volunteer Crew Dinner